This year’s partnership has been one for the books… or should we say, babies.
Starting last fall, we partnered with our second organization, Boyle Street Community Services’ H.E.R. Pregnancy Program. As part of Streetworks, the program provides prenatal and postpartum services to at-risk women living on the streets of Edmonton to help them become as safe and healthy as possible.
From baby bumps to baby bums, we spent the year helping the H.E.R. program amplify their cause. Here’s how:
The H.E.R. Fund
We established an endowment fund — the H.E.R. Fund — through the Edmonton Community Foundation to provide ongoing support to the program forever. With a goal of $10,000, you helped us beat that and raise more than $24,000 (and counting!) for the program to date.
- Crystal Glass, Boston Pizza, Kinsmen Club and community supporter, Krista Ference, each made generous donations to kick off our giving.
- YEG Cycle donated the proceeds from a series of GIVE’R classes in the spring.
- TD welcomed us at their annual volunteer fair and later made a $3,000 donation!
- YOU came together in a big way to donate boxes and boxes of diapers and other baby items in a community diaper drive hosted out of SVPT Fitness.
- Jody Bailey donated his time and services as a photographer to capture some beautiful shots of H.E.R. clients and their children for a special photo project.
- BRLN donated their marketing and design services on many occasions, most notably on the creation of a donation package the H.E.R. program can use moving forward.
Still to come…
- Join us on October 15 as we join forces with Nest in the City. A portion of admission proceeds will go to the H.E.R program, and 5 local vendors will each create diaper cakes to be raffled off both online and at the market.
- From October 17 to 23, $1 from every pizza you buy at Love Pizza will go to support Boyle Street and the H.E.R. program.
- Voice Your Vote to Bully Food Truck now until October 31 and the H.E.R. program could win all of Bully Food Truck’s tips from the 2016 food truck season.
An Evening in Support of the H.E.R. Pregnancy Program
We held a private event at the Edmonton Community Foundation in August to thank sponsors and help raise awareness and funds for the H.E.R. program one last time. View photos from the event, courtesy of FM Photo Studios.
Thank you to everyone who attended and donated, as well as to all of our volunteers and sponsors who helped make the evening such a success:
Edmonton Community Foundation
Plum Home + Design
DJ Alize from HOT 107
Dress My Day
Pinnacle (Kyle Nichols)
Hillberg & Berk
FM Photo Studios
West Canadian Digital Imaging
Last but not least...
Much love and thanks to Boyle Street and the H.E.R. program for the beautiful partnership this past year! It’s been an absolute joy to work alongside you and amplify your cause.