From June to August, our hearts filled with gratitude, as the donation bin at our collection site SVPT Fitness filled with boxes (...upon boxes, upon boxes...) of diapers and other baby items, all for Boyle Street Community Services and its H.E.R. Pregnancy Program.
Thank you to everyone who contributed! Your donations have already made their way to the staff and moms at the H.E.R. program office, who were thrilled to put the items to use:
Here are 3 ways you can still help the H.E.R. program:
- The H.E.R. program is always accepting donations. Call 780-423-3122 (ext. 279) and a staff member will arrange a time for you to bring your donations to the program office at Boyle Street Community Services (10116 105 Ave.). Office hours are Monday, 9 a.m. to noon, and Tuesday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (The office is closed everyday from noon to 1 p.m. for lunch.) The most-needed items are:
- Diapers (preferably size 1)
- Baby wipes
- Baby formula
- Feminine hygiene products (e.g. tampons, pads)
- Have a ladies night, book club meeting, or baby or bridal shower coming up? Consider adding a charitable component and hosting a diaper drive.
- Make a cash donation to the H.E.R. program’s endowment fund set up through the Edmonton Community Foundation.
For a limited time…
Voice Your Vote to Bully Food Truck and the H.E.R. Pregnancy Program could receive all of Bully Food Truck’s tips from the 2016 food truck season. Contest closes October 31. See our blog for more details and to cast your vote!