Changing diapers can be the sh… well, you know what we mean. Still, diapers are an essential care item for parents with a new baby. The steady need is substantial, and the cost can add up quickly.
That’s where you can help.
Boyle Street Community Services’ H.E.R. Pregnancy Program works directly with expectant, street-involved moms who, for many reasons, often do not have the access or means to purchase diapers on their own. They rely on the H.E.R. program, which tries to maintain a steady stock of diapers and other baby items to give away as needed.
The H.E.R. program is always accepting donations, and they are currently in desperate need of size 1 diapers.
Have a ladies’ night coming up? Book club meeting? Baby or bridal shower? Consider adding a charitable component and hosting a diaper drive as part of your event.
- Spread the word: Whether you’re playing host or guest, let everyone know you want to collect diapers to donate to the H.E.R. Pregnancy Program as part of your event.
- The ask: … just 1 box of diapers (preferably size 1) from everyone who is attending! The H.E.R. program also needs:
- Baby wipes
- Baby formula
- Feminine hygiene products (e.g. tampons, pads)
- Collect: Graciously gather donations as they come in.
- Share the love: Snap some photos from your diaper drive and post them to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #herdiaperdrive. Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and we’ll be happy to toot your horn!
- Drop off: Call the H.E.R. program at 780-423-3122 (ext. 279) and a staff member will arrange a time for you to bring your donations to the program office at Boyle Street Community Services (10116 105 Ave.). Office hours are Monday, 9 a.m. to noon, and Tuesday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (The office is closed everyday from noon to 1 p.m. for lunch.)
- Start a movement: Tell your friends and family about your experience, and encourage them to host their own diaper drive for the H.E.R. program.
Every. Donation. Counts. Thank you in advance from all the staff, moms and babies at the H.E.R. program!